how to make mobility easier for artists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to make mobility easier for artists

while waiting for the website, this forum is the very starting point of the interactive and innovative community network “e.mobility” is going to be. you are invited to look at the topics and to reply them. everyone can read and answer to everyone

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Réassort du coffret Pokémon 151 Électhor-ex : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

tell us about you expectations concerning mobility programmes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

tell us about you expectations concerning mobility programmes Empty
PostSubject: tell us about you expectations concerning mobility programmes   tell us about you expectations concerning mobility programmes I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:01 pm

What are your expectations about a mobility programme, both as an individual and as an artist?
Back to top Go down
https://e-mobility-forum.forumactif.org
Riiko Sakkinen

Riiko Sakkinen

PostSubject: Re: tell us about you expectations concerning mobility programmes   tell us about you expectations concerning mobility programmes I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Being mobile as trailer trash or jet set?
Back to top Go down
http://www.riikosakkinen.com
nina lassila

PostSubject: Re: tell us about you expectations concerning mobility programmes   tell us about you expectations concerning mobility programmes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:55 pm

I guess my expectations are not that high really.
Perhaps they should be. I don't know.
Well, I'm happy when I feel I'm being involved in something - not just sent into a studio for a couple of months.

But there are probably quite many different reasons why artists want to be mobile, like in i.e residencies.

I think artists are already quite mobile even without going to residencies, this if they exhibit and co-operate with people around the world. But a residency is definitely something very interesting for me. I get more work done. I meet new people. I create new net works (sounds tacky but isn't).

I dont really see any difficulties about being mobile - it's more a question of choises according to ones personality.
The difficulties are mostly about money. As usual within art. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninalassila.com
gwennafoxe

PostSubject: collaborative residencies   tell us about you expectations concerning mobility programmes I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:24 am

Actually there is one issue that I have not seen addressed yet. What about collaborative artist residencies? There are visual artists who don't work alone, but most residencies assume that an artist will come alone. I have always been struggling to get around that problem, not only in terms of space (how to accomodate 3-4 people working collaboratively in the same residency), but also financially. Obviously splitting a grant meant for one person 4 ways is unrealistic. I think this is something that should be addressed during the forum. And not just how to host 4 artists (or more) in the same space, but how to enable them (or an individual artist wanting to cooperate with local artists) to connect with others creators (so not only visual artists) and with other professions (scientists, etc) in order to put together an ambitious project? A network (not only via the web, but a ressource network) should be created that allows exchange and financial support for those of us who work collaboratively within and outside of the artworld, so that a tightly knit group can apply instead of an individual artist who, once accepted, has to figure out how he is going to work at a distance with his collaborators, and how to secure extra funding so that everybody involved gets something to put in his plate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tell us about you expectations concerning mobility programmes   tell us about you expectations concerning mobility programmes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tell us about you expectations concerning mobility programmes
Page 1 of 1