how to make mobility easier for artists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to make mobility easier for artists

while waiting for the website, this forum is the very starting point of the interactive and innovative community network “e.mobility” is going to be. you are invited to look at the topics and to reply them. everyone can read and answer to everyone

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON ...
Voir le deal
1190 €

tell us about your definition of mobility

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

tell us about your definition of mobility Empty
PostSubject: tell us about your definition of mobility   tell us about your definition of mobility I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:50 am

What does mobility mean to you?
What are the different forms of mobility to you?
How to make the concept of mobility yours?
Back to top Go down
https://e-mobility-forum.forumactif.org
Romeo Gongora

PostSubject: mobility?   tell us about your definition of mobility I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Can mobility be define only as art residencies?
Back to top Go down
kravnav

PostSubject: Re: tell us about your definition of mobility   tell us about your definition of mobility I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 4:42 pm

cooperations, coproductions, colaborations, invitations make me mostly mobile
Back to top Go down
gwennafoxe

PostSubject: nomadic and multiple   tell us about your definition of mobility I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 8:48 am

One things I have been thinking about for a while (and I know it has been partially explored by the pepinieres project "songliner") is the possibility of nomadic residencies, in other words, instead of staying in the same place for 3-4 months, travel along an itinerary for 3 months (there has been a number of projects along the Israeli-Palestinian borders for example, also in the late 80's Guillermo Gomez-Pena, here in the US, kept crossing the US-Mexico border between San Diego and Tijuana to reveal the differences in Foreign policies between the 2 countries, but also because he was interested in the culture that developed along the border. The border is an in-between space, it is also an infra space, because we tend to think about either sides of the border instead of the border as a space in its own.
Another thing I want to experiment with (but have never been able to find the necessary funding so far. HINT! HINT!) is simultaneity. Contemporary technology (internet, webcams, cell phones, skype, etc.) enable us to be in contact with each other live, regardless of time and space. I can talk with someone now in Japan, yet we are separated by oceans, miles and miles. And it's nighttime here, while it's broad daylight over there. Also they are technically in the future. I mean it's tomorrow for them now! yet it's the present since we can communicate in real time. So what would happen if we did simultaneous multiple actions at various points of the planet? How would this modify our understanding of time and space? Don't forget to credit me if you ever use that idea for one of your pieces? Wink Razz
So it would be a form of collaborative residencies, but scattered over space, and it would be linked via contemporary technology (kind of like how this forum functions as a matter of fact). How can we make art out of these possibilities? In this regard the recent work of Donald Abad is relevant (I'm advertising for friends here tongue You'd better get me a beer next time I'm in Paris Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tell us about your definition of mobility   tell us about your definition of mobility I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tell us about your definition of mobility
Page 1 of 1